Follow me on Twitter: @amydstephenson
Be sure to visit our sister site,
Related LinksBe sure to visit our sister site, Recipes of the Damned! Other Fun Sites
- 101 Cookbooks
- Chocolate & Zucchini
- Fresh Approach Cooking
- Kitchen Retro
- Smitten Kitchen
- The Splendid Table
- Former blog site for Recipes of the Damned. It used to live here.
- Animal, Vegetable, Miracle. Barbara Kingsolver and her family spent a year eating only locally grown, reared or caught food (well, almost entirely). The book’s companion site offers a wealth of resources on “locavore” eating, sustainable agriculture, community gardening, and political action, as well as recipes.
- Find a farmer’s market.
- Heifer International. Help people escape poverty through agricultural gifts and grants by making a donation to Heifer International. Heifer helps people develop their own sustainable agricultural enterprises through programs that provide livestock and education.
- Worldwide Recipes. Free e-mail newsletter; each week is built around a theme and provides a full meal’s worth of recipes (except for the weeks with themes like “great desserts”). The Chef favors fresh, whole ingredients—no cans of condensed soup in these offerings! Premium subscribers get extra features. Remember, Nice Is Good.
- Epicurious. A wealth of cooking resources. Sponsored by Gourmet and Bon Appetit, Epicurious offers recipes, forums, videos, a food dictionary, and more.
- The Slow Food Movement. There are two sites, the US site and the international site. Slow Food is about “living the slow life,” taking time to enjoy good food and a good life with family and friends. The site offers forums, resources, and access to local chapters (“convivia”).
- Feeding America Formerly Second Harvest, this isthe nation’s food bank network, providing assistance to millions of Americans every year.
Category Archives: Uncategorized
(originally posted to Recipes of the Damned on Jan. 1, 2009) Happy new year! I’m off to an uneven start on 2009 in terms of food; my first meal of the day was popcorn at a movie, which I really … Continue reading
Recipes of the Yum, soon to be the home of the really tasty stuff that has been camping out on Recipes of the Damned.